Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One book down......sad

I have one of my books read.  I just read The Aloha Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini......so good.  And now I'm sad it's over.  And I want to make a Hawian style quilt..........accept I SUCK at applique.  Need to work on that first I guess.

Now I have another book to read.  Cold Tangerines (I would tell you who wrote it but I'm not POSITIVE on her name and the book is NO WHERE near me).  UPDATE:  The author is Shauna Niequist.  I really don't want to butcher her name.  I'll come back and tell you next time.  I won the book, and it's autographed.  It's a motivational/inspirational/funny book.  At least that's what I'm told.  Lord knows I need a little inspiration right now.  Not quilting inspiration.....I have lots of that and no money, which just equals FRUSTRATING!

I was looking back through some of my posts and Blah!  I can see it coming........a mile away.  Someday I should really start to pay attention, to me, someday.  I need to pull my head out and can't.  I need some change.  I feel like Alice in Wonderland when she's looking for the way out of the hole she fell in and every door is locked.  She finds the door she can open.......but it's only big enough for a mouse.  Now......the REAL question is where is my FREAKIN' potion to make me a mouse!?!?  Or at least mouse size, so I can fit through that damn door.

Aaaahhhh *sigh*.  Maybe I should start by stop crying into my Cheerios.  (I actually don't eat Cheerios).  Yick, that's my thoughts on Cheerios.

I don't like being left in the dark on things, and not only at my work am I left in the dark (and still expected to come up with some wonderful answer with no info)........but I feel like I'm in the dark in my life too.  I'm in some sort of limbo, or transition phase, or, or,or something.  I can't get my head around it.  I'm looking for insight and tired of looking in......so I'm looking out and hoping I'll see something that will send all the bells and whistles screaming and ring-a-ding dinging in my stinkin' thick head.

So feel free to leave your inspiration........maybe the ding-dong in my head will start screamin'.   (HAHA!  That statement is true on soooooo many levels!)  You know what they say......If you can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at?

Thanks for everything.........

Gentrie

No comments:

Post a Comment