Wednesday, December 15, 2010

3 Wishes......

I wish, I wish........

What do I wish?  There are certain friends in my life I wish lived a lot closer to me.  The problem with moving a lot in my life is I can never be close to ALL of them.  (By close, I mean physically close.) 

While technology has made connecting with these people much easier.........sometimes there is nothing like the face to face.

I'm a touch person.  When I'm talking to you I touch.  Touch your arm, your hand.  I can't stop it, it's not inappropriate, although as I type this it does sound odd.  As we laugh over something I will reach out and touch your arm.  Or if you are teasing me I'll gently smack your arm or hand.  I'm a little more playful and rough with my husband, but sometimes he asks for it.  It's a good thing he doesn't bruise easy, sshhhhh! ;)

Some people are put off by this and usually I can sense people who don't like it and pull back.  For the most part, I find that sometimes that one little touch can make them smile.  Calming?  Comforting?  Maybe that's why I do it.  I sense the "good vibes".

I actually never realized I did this until a friend pointed it out to me.  Then I "watched" myself for a while.  She was right.  I in fact had never considered myself a touchy person because hugs make me uncomfortable unless I know you VERY well.

Don't judge me people, I'm just saying.

Anyway, wishes..........

I also wish my step daughter would visit more often.  I miss her, my husband misses her (even though he doesn't like to talk about it).  I've discovered that teenagers are the quickest to judge and never see the bigger picture.  I've also learned why my parents never wanted to explain everything to me.  There was so much going on in the background, and while I was not completely oblivious, they did a pretty good job of keeping certain things out from under my nose.

I realize there are so many sides to parents that kids never see, and so many sides to parents that parents WISH their kids COULD see. 

I wish my husband could find his happiness again.  The inner happiness.  He hides it well, but I know he lost it.  I'm not sure he realises I know, but I'm his wife, how could I not?  I know what will bring it back, I'm working on making that happen.  It's on my "To-do" list.

These are my big wishes......

What are your wishes?

Gentrie

No comments:

Post a Comment