Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wipe Outs & Bandaids

My daughter wrecked on her bike last night.  The street behind us is a decent hill.......and she likes riding down it .......FAST!  (She must get that from me!)  Anyway, a nice neighbor lady over there got our phone number from Hailey (I'm impressed she knew it BTW......good girl!) and called to tell me she had a bad wipeout and wasn't moving her leg.

(This is actually last summer at Grandma's. I was in too big a hurry to grab the camera last night.)

I immediately jumped in Hubby's truck and drove around the block...........to find my daughter on the sidewalk......with a MOST pathetic look on her face..... and three adults cooing over her and a dog!  Oh PLEASE!  (I knew immediately by the look on her face she was fine!)  She's wearing her Easter dress with it pulled up mid thigh to cradle her scraped knee.  (That's how she rolls, worms, frogs, dresses....not from me.) She's scraped up....nothing we have not seen before and nothing warranting stitches or the emergency room.  WHEW!

I packed her bike in the back of the truck, loaded her up and took her home.  We cleaned and bandaged wounds and in the morning she was fine.  That is where this story makes me laugh......

In the morning it was time to change the bandaid on her knee so her jeans would not rub on the cut.  Took a little convincing but I did manage to get it pulled off.

"Is there blood on it?"
"Yep"
"Can I see it?"
"OK"  I show her the blood.....
"Can I take it to school to show my friends?"
"Ummm....NO!"
"Why?"
"'Cause that's gross and unsanitary!"
"Whats unsansiareee mean?
"It means its gross and your teacher would kill me."
"Your lying"
"No, I'm exaggerating, there's a differance."

I think I've had a smile on my face all morning from this little exchange!  I love my kid!

Gentrie

2 comments:

  1. Wow ... really like the new look on the page. Good story. Good life lesson. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, let me just say....you Rock! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete