Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bittersweet Graduation

Aaaaahhhhh graduation.

I remember I could NOT WAIT for my high school graduation!  I was SO excited to be free from High School.  Then it was college, I couldn't wait to get through college.  The first year I think I relished it.  All the parties, new friends, the independence, the parties. 

Oh, did I say that already?  About the parties?  I did, OK.


Sydney @ about 8.

Anyway, the whole point of this post is my stepdaughter is graduating High School this year.  I remember when she was 3 years old and clinging to her Daddy's leg.

I love this picture.  It's one of my favorites, still about 8 here.

She grew up.  She's not this cute little girl anymore who just used to make me laugh.  She was so shy and quiet, but was fun and goofy when she felt at ease and comfortable.  Dancing in Dad's cowboy hats and boots, riding her first horse, dancing a jig down the grocery store isle.  I have lots of great memories.

About 11 here, that's her gingerbread house, I only helped a little bit, really!

When I look at her now I can still see this little girl.  It's hard around the womanly frame and makeup, but she's still there.




She has her whole life ahead of her.  I am excited for her and a little scared.  I get stressed thinking of her going out on her own.  I worry if she'll make the right decisions.  She may not understand this, after all, I am only her step mom, but somehow, someway, she is my little girl too.


Well maybe not so little.


Gentrie

No comments:

Post a Comment