Friday, July 9, 2010

Epiphany.........A light goes on

OK......before I get to the epiphany part I had a brilliant idea this morning, and it seems to have broken the flood gates up there in my brain.  My brain waves did a major overhaul this morning with this first idea and then I had the epiphany.

My idea was: (Background short version, I lost my wedding ring.)  I'm going to have a wedding ring made with one of the quartz crystals my husband and I "mined" ourselves on our HONEYMOON!  I've picked out the gal and am meeting with her tomorrow to go over my ideas and thoughts and show her the crystals.  The crystal will be facet cut and she'll make the rest.  It will be COMPLETELY original.  While it will not be a diamond it will mean more to me than any diamond I own or have owned, including my lost but not forgotten wedding ring.

Isn't that BRILLIANT?  This bright idea opened some door and things were just rolling out my head and oozing out my ears. 

And then it happened..............


It changed everything and it kept bouncing around in my head all day.  It was a little distracting but in a good way.  So I told you about reading the book Cold Tangarines that I won.  Well I'm wrapping it up and I always read a chapter or two on my lunch.  While I have connected with a lot of things that have been said in the book, when I read this paragraph today.....well, something clicked.....a light went on.  I felt the gears snap into place or something like that anyway.

Here it is:  "Everything is interim.  Everything is a path or a preparation for the next thing, and we never know what the next thing is."  IS THAT DEEP OR WHAT?!

Ok, maybe not for you, but when I read it, well I already went into that above.  It's not like I didn't know this already in other forms and words and ideas.  Maybe my mind was just in the right spot at the exact moment I read it.

I read that whole book and while I could relate to her and sympathize and teared up at times, that one phrase hit me like a ton of bricks.  It gave the hope and insight I had been looking for, this too shall pass.  Hopefully it all passes into somewhere better and more peaceful and well different from here.  Here is the rough spot and while there are bright sunny moments.......I'm still getting road rash! 

THIS is my interim to the next thing.  My hope is the next thing does not involve road rash!

AND...... discuss........get back to me when you are done.


Gentrie

No comments:

Post a Comment