Sunday, July 9, 2017

A Productive Day

I finished the second camping quilt top.  I have the backing fabric I just need to piece it.  (The center is made from a bow-tie block exchange I did with 'Fun With Barb').


It is a little bit short, but it will work for snuggling.  Off to the quilter's this week.  I am pleased how it turned out.


My girls really like it too.  Today  I also cut a bunch of left-over fabrics into 2-1/2" strips, 5" blocks  and 10" blocks.


I also cut the binding for OUR quilt for when it gets back from the quilter's.

.....and  sewed them together....

Binding ready to go!  Just waiting on the quilt .

This binding got sewn on today, now I am just hand stitching the back.

The quilting  looks a bit like pine needles.  It is loosely quilted, which is what I wanted so it would be more snuggly.



NOW......these fabrics are calling me.  These are 'Rebel Roses' for Henry Glass.  I have had them quite a while, probably 8 years-ish?


Normally I am not a flower type girl, but I love this line.  It will be a wall hanging for this one.  So I can see it all the time.

I will keep you posted on what I come up with.

What are you working on?

Always,

Gentrie

3 comments:

  1. I too have some fabric that has needed time to marinate. The rose fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for finishing your bow tie quilt! Look great.
    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb!! It was fun and made me step out of my comfort zone. 😊

      Delete