Sunday, July 30, 2017

New Hanger & Solution...

I know this has been driving you all crazy, so here is my answer.... (drum roll)....I am leaving the witch quilt as is.  Whew!!!



I just cannot find the right fabric to add as a border so I am leaving it where it is.  Hubby even pointed out it will be good to snuggle with while sitting in the chair.

Wow!  Now I can move on!  So I got this new quilt hanger from Connecting Threads.  It is a table top one.


Difficult to see in a picture without a quilt on it.  It can fit a 12" x 12" mini quilt on it.  I got it because I wanted to take it into my office at work.  So then I had to pick fabrics.


The are 'Rustique' by Michael Miller.  I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but there are deer heads on the blue and the octogon fabric.  I love this line.  I am not a fan of the mauvey  pink, but I new I needed it in there.

Then to select a block....

This block is called weathervane.  Cute huh?


Here is the block top complete.....



Here it is finished and hanging on my new rack!!  I am digging it, and I think it is perfect for hanging in my office.  Cute, but not overly feminine.

I think the binding really makes it.  See, I told you I would need that pink!  It is also the backing.

I think I want to try a convergence style quilt with these fabrics next.  Ricky Tims does them, Google it, they are cool.


I will let you know how that turns out!

P.S. - Still no binding on the second camp quilt!


Always,

Gentrie



1 comment:

  1. I agree that the witch quilt is perfect as is! Your mini quilt is nice - interesting fabrics. The little table top quilt rack is perfect, too. So cute.

    ReplyDelete