Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Red Beer.....

Some days I would really kill for an ice cold red beer.  When I say red beer I mean a beer on tap, in a glass, with a splash of tomato juice.  Ice cold this is amazing.  Either that or a Corona with lime, again ice cold, warm beer is gross.

My husband has not drank for 11-1/2 years.  I have not drank for about as long, except for the occasional drink with a friend about once, maybe twice a year.  Sometimes not at all in a year.

But, sometimes, I just get the craving.  The intense, irresistible urge to go to the anonymous, crowded, and slightly loud bar and sit and have a tall, ice cold, glass of red beer.  The tangy tomato taste combined with the bitterness of the beer make for a smooth, cool, refreshing drink that inevitably satisfies something deep down inside me.  Something more than just a craving......

Aaaahhhhhh!

OK, I feel better.

Gentrie

No comments:

Post a Comment