Saturday, September 2, 2017

4 Generations to Complete

I have not had much chance to quilt in the last few weeks, so I apologize now.  I had a small health scare but we are all good now.

I finished the top from the last post that was being difficult for me.


So what do you think?  Still not exactly what I was imagining, but I am pleased with the results.


It could be either a wall hanging or a baby quilt.  I will bind it in the black from this line.

I have a pillow that my Mom made for my Grandmother for Christmas one year.  I was probably 5 or 6, but I remember her working on it.  She gave it to me before she went into the nursing home.  It was torn and falling apart so I cut the main panel out to use for another project.


She had free hand embroidered this.  I will remove the orange border and just use her embroidered panel.

Now, you may be asking what am I going to put with this?  Well, glad you asked!!


These are blocks that my great grandmother made.


I have a whole stack of them.


They are all hand pieced.  They are pretty thin, so I am thinking they will need to have some reinforcement behind them.

Any suggestions on this?  I was thinking putting them on muslim.  Maybe fusing them to muslim?  I will need to square them up and will probably put some sashing on them.

I will put my Mom's embroidered piece in the center.  Obviously this will be for decoration and a keepsake only and not for use.

Any thoughts or input?

Always,

Gentrie

2 comments:

  1. There is this YouTube tutorial "Sew Easy Lesson: Cuddle Fabric" https://youtu.be/TnPnb0LtgwA
    It demonstrates how you can stabilize fabric for quilting. I think it would work for your purposes.

    ReplyDelete