Sunday, April 26, 2015

Finished Top & Broken Bones

So Thursday I finished the coffee wall hanging. 


These are the fabrics I used.  Love....

Just so you know I completely WINGED making this quilt.  I wanted it to be simple so it wouldn't take forever to piece.



So I made the sashed pieces and then came up with the center strip piece.  I saved the striped fabric for the binding, because I am slightly obsessed with striped bindings....

I used the left-over fabric to make the back.  It is at the quilter's now.

In other news......I broke 3 ribs Friday afternoon.  Had a wreck with my horse, he's OK (the turd).  I broke my 2nd rib and fractured the 3rd and 5th.  Had to stay in the hospital over night since the top broken rib had made a small puncture in the top of my lung.  This morning it was all back to normal though, other than the broken bones!  Pain meds are my friends right now......

They broke on my right side so rotary cutting is difficult at best.  Guess I'll stick to bindings for the next week or two.

It sucks not being able to pick up my little one though!!!  :(

Always,

Gentrie

P.S. I am still starting my new job Monday.......I know I'm stubborn.  I'll take it easy I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment