Saturday, March 14, 2015

New Laptops and Progress

It has been a little bit since I last posted due to multiple factors. Daycare quitting, computer exploding....the list goes on.
 
Anyway, I had no way to post, but I did get to spend time with my little one for the week. Let me say, I am ready to go back to work.  LOL!  No really it was wonderful to spend the time with her I loved it!  *sigh* 
 
Today my wonderful husband bought me a new laptop.  I guess he got tired of me complaining.
 
Anyway, in bits and pieces and here and there I did accomplish a couple of projects this last week.  Piper's baby quilt is Dr. Seuss fabrics.  Since she has now graduated to a toddler bed I decided she needed a pillow case and a curtain to tie everything together and try to make everything hers.


 
Her new bed with her quilt and new pillow.  She had just strung out all her books off her shelf.
 
 

 
Her pillow case, I used this fabric to fussy cut the characters out for the center blocks and for the second border in her quilt.
 
 
Here is the simple curtain I made.  I noticed after I hung it that the diamond pattern in her quilt follows with this diamond pattern on this fabric. 
 
Of course her baby quilt was completed a few months ago but now it starting to look like Piper's room.
 
I also made a little progress on the great nephew's quilt. 
 

This is the first block of twelve done.  Sorry for the lighting, throws the colors a little off.
 
I didn't realize until after I started making it that the primary colors are orange and blue.  Bronco colors.......the daddy loves the Broncos.
 
I now have 2 blocks done.  PROGRESS!
 
It is back to the grind Monday though....
 
Always,
 
Gentrie

1 comment:

  1. Your nephew's blocks are adorable. Keep up the good work, and thanks for linking up to Building Blocks Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete